Issues with VS2010 and Silverlight 4

Apr 30, 2010 at 7:58 PM

First of all, this is a great SDK. Nice code and easy to understand. Thanks! But, I've run into some issues w/ VS2010 and SL4.

I have the latest version (change set 58151) that's been upgraded to VS2010, and I changed the projects in the solution to target Silverlight 4.

When I compiled for the first time, I got an error in Theme.cs. It looks like implicit styles are no longer used in Silverlight 4, so it's throwing an error when ImplicitStyleManager is being used. Simply commenting out lines 60-62 allowed the solution to build and everything is worked, except for the loading of the theme.

When I open Page.xaml, VS2010 crashes. I was able to open it in the XML (text) Editor by right clicking on the file and using "Open With..." So, I commented out some code, saved the file and tried again. And, it worked! So, I uncommented out the code, saved and reloaded the designer, and it worked! However, after closing the solution and reopening it, it's once again crashing VS2010. Also, I noticed that you can't use the designer to edit the XAML. When you click on anything in the visual design pane, you get error dialogs popping up.

Any plans on fully upgrading this code to work with Silverlight 4?

Coordinator
May 9, 2010 at 4:43 AM

The new build 1.4 should work with SL4, VS 2010, and Blend 4 RC.