Failure To Run In VS2010 SL4

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:18 AM

"The new build 1.4 should work with SL4, VS 2010, and Blend 4 RC"  No it does not.

Why go through all the trouble to make a great application when demonstrating a demo only to provide links to broken, incomplete projects? Someone please enlighten me.

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2011 at 4:38 AM

Dave,

what problem are you seeing?
Michael

Jul 16, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Hello Michael, I apologize for the long delay.  I had moved on to another project and am not getting email notifications of replies.

I had problems with both change sets 58598 and 58615 in Visual Studio 2010 and Blend 4 (current version/revision release as of this posting) when loading the entire solution.

After taking time to analyze the problems, I found a missing references to the silverlight run time (not a major problem), a zip file in the clientbin directory named Microsoft.Bing.Data.zip which when removed caused problems due to project metadata pointing to the zip file.  The last problem I encountered with both above change sets were that despite reasserting references to the SDK controls and a solution rebuild, the page.xaml file could not render the SilverBing SDK controls.

To remedy all of the above, I created a new silverlight 4 application, rebuilt the controls in the sdk and referenced them in the new project, added the Silverbing images to my project and set them to build as resources and finally used the xaml and cs code from the silverbing project.

Thanks again for project, the controls are wonderful.

Take care, Dave